The National Hurricane Center is tracking a total of seven systems over the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico Monday, including two hurricanes, two tropical storms, one tropical depression and two other disturbances.
Here's the latest update from the NHC as of Sept. 14.
What's out there and where are they?
Hurricane Sally is 100 miles east of the mouth of the Mississippi River.
Hurricane Paulette is 160 miles north-northeast of Bermuda.
Tropical Storm Teddy is 1,170 miles east of the Lesser Antilles.
Tropical Storm Vicky is about 430 miles west-northwest of the Cabo Verde Islands.
Tropical Depression Rene has dissipated as of 5 p.m.
Disturbance 1 is producing limited shower activity over the west-central Gulf of Mexico.
Disturbance 2 is near the west coast of Africa.
How likely are they to strengthen?
Hurricane Sally: With maximum sustained winds are near 100 mph, Sally is forecast to strengthen tonight and early Tuesday and is expected to be a dangerous hurricane when it moves onshore along the north-central Gulf coast.
Hurricane Paulette: Additional strengthening is likely through Tuesday night as Paulette accelerates northeastward to east- northeastward. Gradual weakening is forecast to begin on Wednesday.
Tropical Storm Teddy: Steady strengthening is forecast during the next few days and Teddy is forecast to become a hurricane on Tuesday.
Tropical Depression Rene: has dissipated and is no longer being monitored.
Tropical Storm Vicky: Little change in strength is expected during the next day or so. Weakening is expected to begin by Tuesday night and Vicky is forecast to degenerate to a remnant low on Thursday.
- Formation chance through 48 hours: Near 0%
- Formation chance through 5 days: 20%
- Formation chance through 48 hours 20%
- Formation chance through 5 days 50%
Details on named storms
Tropical Storm Sally
- Location: 100 miles east-southeast of the mouth of the Mississippi River
- Maximum sustained winds: 100 mph
- Present movement: West-northwest at 5 mph
- Location: 160 miles north-northeast of Bermuda and moving away
- Maximum sustained winds: 105 mph
- Present movement: North-northwest at 15 mph
Tropical Storm Teddy
- Location: 1,170 miles east of the Lesser Antilles
- Maximum sustained winds: 50 mph
- Present movement: West at 14 mph
Tropical Storm Vicky
- Location: 430 miles west-northwest of the Cabo Verde Islands
- Maximum sustained winds: 45 mph
- Present movement: Northwest at 7 mph
Who is likely to be impacted?
Sally became a hurricane this afternoon and her outer rain bands were moving onshore in the panhandle at the 8 p.m. update. She is forecast to make landfall along the northern Gulf Coast, near the Louisiana/Mississippi border. The storm will bring hurricane-force winds, life-threatening storm surge and rainfall totals from eight to 16 inches, with isolated totals more than 24 inches.
Gusty winds on Bermuda should persist into the evening hours. Paulette will bring periods of heavy rain to Bermuda through this evening, with rainfall amounts of 3 to 6 inches expected.
Tropical Storm Teddy
Large swells generated by Tropical Storm Teddy are expected to reach the Lesser Antilles and the northeastern coast of South America on Wednesday. These swells are likely to cause life-threatening surf and rip current conditions.
The other active Atlantic systems are not currently threaten coastal areas. The NHC will continue to monitor these storms as the very active 2020 hurricane season peaks.
Tracking the tropics in real time
These graphics, which update automatically, show you activity in the tropics in real time.
A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for:
- Port Fourchon Louisiana to the Okaloosa/Walton County Line, Florida
- Lake Pontchartrain, Lake Maurepas, and Lake Borgne
- Mobile Bay
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for:
- Morgan City Louisiana to the Navarre Florida
- Lake Pontchartrain and Lake Maurepas including metropolitan New Orleans
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for:
- East of of Navarre Florida to Indian Pass Florida
The Tropical Storm Warning issued for Bermuda has been discontinued as of the NHC's 5 p.m. update.
- TCPalm پشتیبانی فنی: MOV فایل نیست بازی ؟ زمان به استفاده از رسانه های مختلف پخش
- کروناویروس در ساحل گنجینه: آنچه شما نیاز به دانستن در جمعه, ژوئن 29
- Coronavirus به روز رسانی: Whistleblower اروپا و آمریکا سخت ترین زمستان در تاریخ مدرن'; گربه ها می تواند گرفتن COVID-19; و میر جهانی تصویب 300,000
- Coronavirus زندگی می کنند به روز رسانی: آنچه ما می دانیم دوشنبه در مورد COVID-19 در شمال کشور
- کروناویروس در Treasure Coast, آوریل 1: آهنگ COVID-19 موارد توسط کد پستی
- فلوریدا وزارت بهداشت آسانسور باکتری هشدار در تالاب در جیسی پارک در فورت پیرس
- افکار یکشنبه: حقیقت درباره کوانزا
- نامه به سردبیر: مارس 14 سال 2020
- Trash on Jensen Beach bridge getting worse; could fishing be banned? | Gil Smart
- California reopens more widely as infections hit lowest rate