The Florida Department of Health reported 18 new cases of COVID-19 and one additional death in Collier County on Wednesday.
The death verified Wednesday was identified as an 84-year-old man whose positive case was counted on Sept. 3.
Collier County's cumulative total of COVID-19 fatalities is 194, according to the state.
The new cases increased Collier's overall total to 12,272 Wednesday. The 18 cases reported by the department were the lowest since five were reported on Aug. 31. The seven-day average for cases declined to 29 through Tuesday, less than half of the seven-day average on Sept. 1 (63).
While Collier County is 10th among Florida counties in COVID-19 cases, it is only 21st in total tests (75,098). Every other county in the top 10 in cases is among the top nine in total tests. Collier's seven-day average for reported COVID-19 tests was 591 through Tuesday, 37% fewer than the seven-day average on Aug. 1 (940) and 60% fewer than the county's peak average on July 17 (1,474).
Collier's overall positivity rate declined to 16.34% Wednesday. The seven-day average positivity rate dropped to 5.4% through Tuesday.
A total of 887 people in Collier County have been hospitalized for COVID-19 as of Wednesday, according to the report, but that number does not reflect the people currently in the hospital, according to the Florida Department of Health.
As of approximately 11 a.m. Wednesday, there were 31 COVID-19 patients in Collier County hospitals, according to data from Florida's Agency for Healthcare Administration. That's one fewer patient that was reported at approximately the same time Tuesday. The county also had 21.8% of its total hospital beds available and 37.7% of its adult ICU beds available, according to the AHCA. Florida's available percentages were 24.1% (hospital beds) and 22.7% (ICU beds), respectively.
The Florida Department of Health is not reporting how many people have recovered from COVID-19.
Other numbers include the following demographics breakdown for Florida residents:
- Age Range: 0 to 104
- Median Age: 40
- Male: 5,920
- Female: 6,193
- Unknown/No data: 46
- Black: 757
- White: 6,092
- Other: 1,422
- Unknown/No Data: 3,888
- Hispanic: 4,892
- Non-Hispanic: 3,282
- Unknown/No Data: 3,985
- Residents: 12,159
- Non-residents: 113
City of residence (if known)
- Naples: 8,993
- Immokalee: 2,296
- Missing: 557
- Marco Island: 194
- Ave Maria: 76
- Ochopee: 26
- Goodland: 7
- Chokoloskee: 3
- Everglades City: 3
Tests reported in Collier (through Sept. 15)
- Total tested: 75,098
- Positive: 12,272
- Negative: 62,740
- Awaiting testing: 47
- Inconclusive: 86
- Percent positive: 16.34%
View yesterday's report. View yesterday's line list of cases and deaths.
- مارکو جزیره PD دستگیری دو نفر در روز چهارشنبه در اعتراض به افتخار جورج فلوید
- درایو تست بازدید 750 ظرفیت آزمون در CenturyLink در فورت مایرز
- چهار ایده از یک چادر مسافرتی Pro
- اقتصاددانان: اقیانوس ها و دریاچه های بزرگ کمک $373 میلیارد دلار به آمریکا در سال 2018
- ساحل گنجینه بیمارستان اجرائی: زمان تست نیاز به با خیال راحت بلند فلوریدا coronavirus محدودیت
- همه گیر کرکره هتل ها در سراسر جنوب غربی فلوریدا
- مظنون به ترور خوب ساعاتی قبل از حمله با خانواده اش تماس گرفت | فرانسه
- 'این است که برکت خدا': صلیب سرخ انتقال به مجازی امداد رسانی در میان COVID-19
- فدرال ارائه $5K پاداش برای اطلاعات مشکوک پلنگ قاتل
- شبکه بهداشت و درمان باز می شود $15M نیکولز جامعه مرکز بهداشت در دروازه طلایی